The return of the head of Mihai Viteazul (Michael the Brave) at the Dealu Monastery
On August the 26th, 1920, Târgoviște experienced a moment of great patriotic emotion: the return of the head of voivode Mihai Viteazul to the Dealu Monastery, which was first sheltered in the Russian city of Kerson, during the German occupation of the First World War, then, towards the end the war, in Iași.
From the Metropolitan Church of Iaşi, the remains of the great voivode crossed the Union Square and headed to the train station, where the troops presented the honor of the great ruler, a symbol of the unity of all Romanians over the centuries.
In the railway station of the city of Târgoviște, decorated especially for the event, the special train arrived, awaited by the military, civil authorities and the clergy of those times.
After a short religious ceremony, the relic containing the head of the great national hero was placed on a cannon covered with tricolor flags and headed to the Dealu Monastery.
This procession was attended by a large audience, including the royal family, King Ferdinand The First and Queen Maria, together with members of the Government, and Nicolae Iorga spoke words of honor on behalf of the Academy and the Cultural League.