"Ioan Alexandru Brătescu Voinești" School Day

"Ioan Alexandru Brătescu Voinești" School Day

Established in 1868, by the Education Law from the time of Alexandru Ioan Cuza, Public School for Boys no. 2, because that's what it was called at the time, it worked in various places over time: the Old Post Office, the Foundry, the Teodorescu Inn, the Ion Sârbu houses.

In the years 1880-1888, with the support of the City Hall, the new premises were built. In its history, this institution has known several names: Elementary School no. 2, General School no. 2, and from 1993 it receives the name of his former student, future writer and textbook author - "Ioan Alexandru Brătescu-Voinești" School.

On December 14, 2006, at the commemoration of the 60th anniversary of the disappearance of the writer Ioan Alexandru Brǎtescu-Voineşti, the bust of the spiritual patron of the school was unveiled and it was officially declared the Day of the School.

The school is proud of many graduates who have performed in various fields: doctors (Vlǎdoianu Daniel, Ioanevici Dan), military personnel (general Luncaşu Silviu Cristian), writers (Daniel Drǎgan), singers (Vlad Mirițǎ - first tenor of the Romanian Opera), athletes (handball player Florin Luca - triple national champion).

The "Ioan Alexandru Brǎtescu-Voineşti" school is representative of Târgoviste education.

Let’s be proud because we are from Târgovişte!

Similar Suggestions

Famous architect from Târgoviște
The first detailed description of the monuments of the Princely Court
Ion Heliade-Rădulescu - outstanding personality
Monument to the Heroes of the Revolution of 1989
Great busts