Eugen Popescu stadium


The main sportive arena from Dambovita county it is found in Targoviste, just a couple meters away from Chindia Tour. At first, the stadium was named „Tudor Vladimirescu”. After that the name was „7th of November”, „The Energy”, „The Metal”, „The Sport Club”, „The Municipal”.

Nowadays, the name of the stadium is ‘Eugen Popescu’, to remember the captain of the first A Division team and after that the one who discovered talents in the history of the local football.

When it was inaugurated, at 7th of November 1949, the arena had concrete tribune, locker rooms, offices, ticket office, athletics track, fields for jumps and throws, volleyball fields etc.

In its 70 years of existence, Targoviste stadium hosted about 1500 meetings of the local football teams in official internal competitions from a competitional level of local district championship to the A Division. We can also add almost 100 international games undertaken by local teams against teams from other countries and by Romanian junior and youth teams. 

For the first time in history in the year 2019 the Eugen Popescu stadium became subject a demolition/reconstruction/rehabilitation process which totally transforms the initial infrastructure becaming a first class location to dispute the football matches from the first division.       

Similar Suggestions

La mulți ani Muzeului Poliției Române!
Ienăchiță Văcărescu
Doctor Benone Georgescu Street
BABEL Festival
Tombstones about 370 years old at the Fair Church