Strada Stelea 6, Târgoviște 130018, România
Nowadays in the heart of Târgoviște, very close to the ruins of the old Princely Court, stands, in the middle of a precinct surrounded by a high wall, built of brick and river boulders, an imposing church that reaches to the sky, richly adorned with glazed ceramic bumps.
The appearance of the entire Stelea monastery, built by Vasile Lupu in 1645, is an important landmark in the evolution of architecture in the Romanian Country.
The ensemble, brings together several monuments: the bell tower, the abbot house, also called the Nifon House, the cell bodies, ruins of the enclosure wall, the church but also a museum.
This monastery is inscribed as a significant presence in the valuable cultural-historical treasure of Târgoviște.