THE CHURCH OF THE BOROUGH (TARGULUI)
It was built in 1654 by Udriște Năsturel and is located in the old center of the city.
It is the only church whose name, very suggestive and rarely, shows strictly economic concerns of those who laid the foundations of the settlement.
The tower above the nave, collapsed at the earthquake in 1940, was restored and painted in the traditional style by Prof. Vasile Blendea.
The facades present a beautiful combination of elements of old tradition in the architecture of the Romanian Country with those from Moldova, when the church of the Stelea monastery was built.