Old Stelea Church


About

In the south-east area of the former Stelea monastery, about 50 m distance from the current church, it was known, according to local tradition, that some foundations of an 1580 old building of the Stelea backbone were kept hidden in the ground and , for this reason, is called "Old Stelea" by citizens of Targoviste.

Dating: end of 14th century and the beginning of the 15th century (Wooden Church) the second place, built in the second half of the fifteenth century, after 1459, of a triconcile plan, destroyed in 1595, rebuilt on the second half of 17th century, the last restoration in 1645, with the foundation construction of Vasile Lupu.

Similar Suggestions

Roman Catholic Church "Sf.Francisc de Assisi"

Church

CHURCH OF STS. ATHANASIUS AND CYRIL

Church

STOLNICUL CHURCH

Church

CHURCH OF SAINT DUMITRU BUZINCA

Church

THE CHURCH OF THE BOROUGH (TARGULUI)

Church